The Anastasi Law Firm offers its clients affordable, fair and prompt solutions for individuals starting a new business.
Starting A Business
An exciting time, but also one of great challenge for many. The best opportunity for success comes with building a strong business plan and having sufficient financial resources. The Anastasi Law Firm is experienced with business plan review and drafting, understands budgeting & finance, and is well connected with local banking and funding sources.
Starting and managing a business takes motivation, desire and talent. But the reality is it takes money – more than many anticipate. It also takes research and planning. Although initial mistakes are often not fatal, it takes skill, discipline, experience and hard work to regain the advantage and be successful.
To increase your opportunity for success, take the time up front to explore and evaluate your business and personal goals. Then use this information to build a comprehensive and well thought out business plan designed to reach those goals. The process of developing a business plan will help you think through some important issues that you may not have considered. Your plan will become a valuable tool. It should also provide milestones to gauge your success.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has developed some great checklists that we like our clients to use. Firstly, list your reasons for wanting to go into business. Some of the most common reasons for starting a business are:
- You want to be your own boss.
- You want financial independence.
- You want creative freedom.
- You want to fully use your skills and knowledge.
Next you need to determine what business is “right for you.” Ask yourself these questions:
- What do I like to do with my time?
- What technical skills have I learned or developed?
- What do others say I am good at?
- How much time do I have to run a successful business?
- Do I have any hobbies or interests that are marketable?
Then you should identify the niche your business will fill. Conduct the necessary research to answer these questions:
- Is my idea practical and will it fill a need?
- What is my competition?
- What is my business advantage over existing firms?
- Can I deliver a better quality service?
- Can I create a demand for your business?
The final step before developing your plan is the pre-business checklist. You should answer these questions:
- What business am I interested in starting?
- What services or products will I sell?
- Where will I be located?
- What skills and experience do I bring to the business?
- What will be my legal structure?
- What will I name my business?
- What equipment or supplies will I need?
- What insurance coverage will be needed?
- What financing will I need?
- What are my resources?
- How will I compensate myself?
Business Plan Creation
A business plan is a very important tool for new and existing businesses. This is not a plan in one’s head. It needs to be in writing, tested, measured and constantly modified to adjust to reality and performance. It is not a form. It is a structure that contains the breath of the enterprise’s life. Having worked closely with hundreds of businesses, it’s the understanding of the importance all business operational functions that often defines the level of success one can achieve. The thoroughness and value of the business plan is often tied to the success of the business organization. A well prepared business plan will address and systematically minimize operational and legal risks. The Anastasi Law Firm is skilled in law and business and is ready to help new and established companies make a business plan designed for success.
The goal of the Anastasi Law Firm is to first to make sure your new business has a solid foundation followed by ensuring that our legal services create the right structure, contracts and relationships. Having worked with start-ups and new businesses for over 29 years, the Anastasi Law Firm has a vast experience with many different types of business in many different economic environments.
Personal Attention • Prompt Service • Affordable Fees • Experienced
Contact us today to set up a Free Consultation (20 minutes) either in our office or over the phone. In the San Jose metro area, call us at 408.292.2606. In the Santa Cruz area, call us at 831.475.0771.